On June 7, during a joint press conference of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine and Kyivstar presented a beta version of the m-Agri mobile application. The event was held within the framework of the anniversary XXX agro-industrial exhibition "Agro-2018" with the participation of the Deputy Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Viktor Sheremeta and representatives of "Kyivstar", agronews.ua reported.
"Small farmers do not have enough financial resources to quickly get valuable industry knowledge, which, for example, large agroholdings have the opportunity to order. Therefore, the cooperation of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Kyivstar in creating and launching a convenient mobile application for small farmers is very important. Thanks to the new application, agrarians can receive useful information about weather, prices, news about state support without any special expenses," Viktor Sheremeta noted.
Today m-Agri has 7 main sections:
- Weather: information about the weather today, hourly, daily;
- News by category: general, livestock, plant growing, technology, government;
- Prices: wholesale and retail prices on the market by products, by region;
- Knowledge base: information on animal and plant diseases, pesticides, pests, seeds and plants;
- Consultations: qualified experts answer questions on the agrarian sector;
- Exchange rates and convenient converter;
- Trading platform: trading online, the total amount, B2B purchases, elevator availability, trader estimates, delivery partners;
- Finances: non-cash settlements, banking services, insurance services, factoring, counting.
"It is difficult for small farms to compete with agroholdings, which are armed with a whole staff of professionals, technology and access to information and trade resources. That's why we decided to offer an alternative to small farmers - an all-in-one mobile assistant that fits in your pocket and is always at hand," Yevhen Krazhan, director of business development in the corporate market said.
m-Agri is designed for Android OS. The subscribers of all mobile operators in Ukraine will be able to evaluate its benefits, however, for its own subscribers, Kyivstar has provided for the use of the application without additional charging, regardless of the terms of the tariff plan.
"Thanks to m-Agri, Ukrainian farmers will not only receive a tool for more efficient work, but also new knowledge and benchmarks. For small rural farms, this is a new level for professional growth and new prospects for business development," VEON Business Development Director, which includes Kyivstar, Eugene Viskovic said.