According to the State Statistics Service, in May 2018 eggs, buckwheat, potatoes and onions became the leaders in price reduction compared to the previous month. Most eggs fell in price, which lost 10% of the cost (24.17 UAH/dozen in May against 26.65 UAH/dozen in April), the press service of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy reported.
Also the prices decreased by:
- 8% - buckwheat, which on average cost 17.38 UAH/kg in the country in May 2018;
- 4,1% - onions (6.57 UAH/kg);
- 3.8% - potatoes (7.54 UAH/kg);
- 2,4% - salo (68,77 UAH/kg);
- 2% - sugar (14.83 UAH/kg);
- 1.8% - chicken fillet (89.95 UAH/kg).
Prices for butter, oil, bread and flour, pasta, pork and beef, milk, cheeses and beets remained almost unchanged comparing to April.
The increase in prices occurred on carrots, cabbage and apples, which is associated with the seasonal factor.