The bill, which transfers a number of functions of the State Agricultural Inspection and the control functions of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy to the State Service of Ukraine on Food Safety and Consumer Protection will be considered by the people's deputies on April 19. This was reported by Deputy Chairman of the Committee on Agrarian Policy and Land Relations of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Oleksandr Bakumenko on his Facebook page, according to landlord.ua.
According to the website of the Parliament, the Agrarian Committee submits this document for a second reading and recommends that the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine takes it as a basis.
"Last week the bill No. 4922-d" On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine on Optimizing the System of Public Administration in the Field of Agriculture " was registered, which "unlocks" the activities of the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection and will create conditions for the proper implementation of the transferred functions by other state successor bodies of the State Agricultural Inspection", he stated.
According to him, the changes are primarily of a technical nature and generally do not change the regulatory system for business entities, only technically replace the definition of one government agency with another.
According to the explanatory note to the bill, the main provisions of the bill are proposed to convey:
1) the functions of the State Agricultural Inspection on the registration of agricultural machinery and the issuance of certificates for the right to manage such equipment – to the relevant units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
2) the State Agricultural Inspection’s functions, stipulated by the legislation on grain – to the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection;
3) part of the monitoring functions, which now relate to the Ministry of Agrarian Policy – to the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection, since the ministry cannot perform monitoring functions.
Also, when the project was completed:
1) the relevant names of the body have been left in the spheres of competence in accordance with the key functions in regulating public relations in the agro-industrial complex (most of these functions were transferred by the Cabinet of Ministers – to the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection)
2) in the texts of the legislative acts, the name of the Sanitary and Epidemiological Service has been changed from the "central executive body implementing the state policy in the sphere of sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population" to "the central executive authority implementing the state policy in the sphere of sanitary legislation";
3) functions for the radiological control of food products – to the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection.