Within the framework of the government reform of the civil service, the Ministry of Agrarian Policy announced competition for occupying vacant positions in reform specialists and work is under way to establish two Directorates General - the Directorate of Food Safety and Quality and the Directorate for Strategic Planning and European Integration.
The aim of the reform is to improve the quality of the state service for focusing the ministry on its main function - the formation of state policy and the significant strengthening of the cadre of the civil service.
This is reported by minagro.gov.ua
We are all participants in the implementation of reforms in the state. New approaches to public administration require a new organizational structure of ministries, a new procedure for developing solutions based on policy analysis, new competencies for civil servants. In carrying out the reform, the ministry's capacity will be strengthened through new professional personnel, high-tech provision and quality organization of policy-making processes, the State Secretary of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Vladislav Andronov has commented.
In particular, the competitions are announced for the following positions:
- Director General of the Directorate of Food Safety and Quality;
- Director General of the Directorate of Strategic Planning and European Integration.
The main tasks of the Directorate General are:
- Ensuring the formation of state policy on the basis of a continuous analysis of the state of affairs in its sphere of competence, developing alternative solutions to existing problems;
- monitoring and evaluation of the results of public policy implementation;
- ensuring regulatory and legal regulation in the sphere of its competence.
Also competitions on positions of the state experts start, such as:
- State expert of the expert group of strategic planning of the Directorate of Strategic Planning and European Integration;
- State expert of the expert group of budget planning of the Directorate of Strategic Planning and European Integration.
Competitions have special requirements: a separate competitive commission will consist of 10 people (7 - representatives of the Ministry, 3 - attracted experts). Before the commencement of work, the commission members will undergo special training in the Transfer. The competition will be accompanied by video fixing, which will be an attachment to the result of the contest. This will ensure transparency and quality of its conduct. After filling the staff list of the General Directorate by more than 50% - an order will be issued to start the exercise of the directorate's authority.
Reference: The Ministry of Agrarian Policy is one of the ten pilot ministries where new structures are being introduced - the General Directorate. In addition to the directorates, strategic planning departments will be introduced. The program of changes is supported by the European Union and is a priority for the government.
Additionally, in 2017, the Ministry was granted 22 vacancies. By the end of 2017 departments will be created with 10 staff units. The staff number of their employees in the future is planned to expand.