On July 30, the President of Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, signed the Law "On Amending Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding the Settlement of Certain Phytosanitary Procedures" adopted by the Verkhovna Rada on July 10 of this year (Bill No. 6673 of July 6, 2017), the State Service of Ukraine for Food Safety and Consumer Protection informed.
The main provisions of the draft law provide for:
- establishment of procedures for the authority of laboratories for phytosanitary expertise (analyzes);
- introduction of the Register of authorized phytosanitary laboratories, the functioning of which will allow creating an effective system of traceability of laboratory expertizes and phytosanitary certificates issued on their basis in order to prevent corruption;
- legislative regulation of phytosanitary examination and arbitration phytosanitary examination;
- determination of the validity period for phytosanitary certificate in the territory of Ukraine - 14 days;
- introduction of administrative responsibility of officials of phytosanitary laboratories for improper compliance with plant quarantine legislation during phytosanitary examination;
- consideration of phytosanitary requirements of the importing country when issuing a phytosanitary certificate for export and re-export.
This law was drafted in the framework of harmonization of domestic legislation with EU norms.
You can get acquinted with the bill following the link.