In connection with the spread of the ASF in Poland, farmers are asking the government to take the necessary measures to curb the spread of the virus and mitigate the consequences of the disease.
This is reported by greenfront.su.
The National Council of Agricultural Chambers of Poland proposed five points:
1) Depopulation of wild boars in contaminated areas and threats from the eastern side of the Wisla;
2) Providing full compensation for farmers who are unable to fulfill anti-epizootic requirements and are forced to stop pig production;
3) Agrarians require a full refund for the introduction of a biosafety program, the requirements of which are very expensive for pigs;
4) Farmers insist on building a fence along the entire eastern border with Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania and the Kaliningrad region;
5) Farmers are asking the authorities to increase the information and training of farm owners about the basics of anti-epizootic struggle.
As of October 5, 101 cases of ASF in domestic pigs and 499 in wild animals were registered in Poland.